Joy of Coding 2019 is the seventh edition in a series of conferences dedicated to the art, science, hobby, but most of all the joy of software development. This year’s edition will be held on Friday the 8th of June in the De Doelen, Rotterdam: a convention center at the heart of the city, easily accessible by public transport and by car.
We bring internationally renowned speakers to Rotterdam to deliver talks and workshops. They cover diverse aspects of the craft, reflecting recent trends in industry and academia, as well as a serious amount of joy. It’s a whole-day, fully-catered event at an affordable price. We keep the price low for attendees by running the conference as a non-profit organisation and by relying on our sponsors’ generous support, in addition to ticket sales.
Joy of Coding attracts a loyal and growing audience that consists of hundreds of software developers — nearly 250 in 2018 — who are passionate about the code quality. In our experience, they are especially those of the more curious kind: eager to learn beyond their comfort zone, always striving to be up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques.
The team behind Joy of Coding is an informal group of five people all working in IT, backed by a non-profit legal entity: the Devnology Foundation. We organise the event because it is fun and because we believe the Rotterdam programmer community needs this platform. To keep the event affordable, we rely heavily on our sponsors.
Our supporters are usually companies based in or near Rotterdam, that employ programmers and take quality software development seriously. What our supporters have in common is that they understand how enabling the joy of coding and a passion for continuous learning results in highly successful software development teams.
We have two base packages which you can extend with one or more exclusive add-ons. Non-standard ways to support us are most welcome; more about this in the ‘Customized support’ section.
|Sponsor||Partner||Partner + add-on|
2 conference tickets
Sponsor package benefits
Partner package benefits
Your logo on our website
5 conference tickets
Tweet from @joyofcoding
Exclusive pre-party sponsor
Your swag in our goodie bag
Your logo in our newsletter
Announcements before, between and after talks
Banner at event
Your logo on slides before, between and after talks
2 more conference tickets
|€ 1024||€ 4096||€ 6096|
Sponsorship base package - € 1024
This is our entry level package. For our base package sponsors, we will:
- Provide 2 conference tickets
- Display your logo on our website
- Announce your sponsorship in a tweet from @joyofcoding
- Put your swag in our goodie bag
Price: 210 = € 1024
Partnership partner package - € 4096
This is our sponsorship partner package. For our sponsorship partners, we will:
- All benefits of the Sponsorship package, plus:
- Receive 5 conference tickets
- Your logo in our newsletter
- Place a banner in the main hall during the event
Price: 212 = € 4096
Pre-party add-on package — € 2000
Every year we organise a public pre-party. The pre-party draws a crowd of around 100 people, and serves as a platform for speakers and attendees to get to know each other. The pre-party will have several short talks (up to 15 minutes).
If you are a supporter of the pre-party, we will:
- Announce your company name before, between and after the talks
- Show your logo on the projector when we announce your company
- Provide 2 additional conference tickets
Lunch add-on package — € 1500
During the conference we serve a healthy lunch during the afternoon break. If you are a supporter of the lunch, we will:
- Announce your company name after the keynote talk before the lunch.
- Display your logo on the buffet table where lunch is served.
- Provide 2 additional conference tickets.
Dinner add-on package — € 1500
After the conference we serve a healthy dinner to allow our attendees, speakers and organisers (ourselves) to socialise. If you are a supporter of the dinner, we will:
- Announce your company name after the final keynote talk of the day (before the dinner buffet opens).
- Display your logo on the buffet table where dinner is served.
- Provide 2 additional conference tickets.
Drinks add-on package — € 1000
After the conference we serve drinks to facilitate a casual mingling of our attendants, our speakers and the organisers (ourselves). If you are a supporter of the drinks, we will:
- Announce your company name after the final keynote talk of the day (before the drinks are served).
- Have your logo displayed on the bar(s) from where drinks are served.
- Provide 1 additional free ticket.
Wi-Fi add-on package — € 500
- During the event we will supply fast wireless internet for our attendants.
- The Wi-Fi password is printed on all badges.
- As a Wi-Fi supporter you choose the Wi-Fi password, for example: ‘CompanyX’ *
We’re most open to out-of-the-box ways by which you want to support Joy of Coding. Please contact us to discuss any ideas you may have.
If you are interested in becoming one of our supporters, please consider these sponsorship opportunities. To find out more, please contact the Joy of Coding team. If you do not have a contact in our team yet, Alex (+31 6 29 50 81 82) will gladly assist you.
We look forward to have you as a sponsor for Joy of Coding, or otherwise receive you and your colleagues at the event!Stichting Devnology
c/o Alex Kuiper
Aart van der Leeuwkade 34
Chamber of Commerce (KvK) registration number: 17251880. VAT (BTW) number: NL820757573B01.